Knowing God spans more than just knowing His names, and their meanings, but learning firsthand what they mean to me personally has helped a lot with my walk with Him. Here are a few that has impacted me throughout last year, and this year. He is such a loving, and giving Father; but even more so He protects us!
God manifested Himself through different names in the scriptures, not to confuse man but to reveal the different phases of His nature. And how man can be helped through accessing these attributes.
- Elohim– Translated God. Means The Strong One! Used over 2500 times in the Old Testament.
- Jehovah– Means The Eternal One! Derived from the verb ‘To Be” includes the past, present, and future tense.
- Jehovah Nissi– “I Am Thy Banner” (Exodus 17:15)
- Jehovah Rapha– “The LORD That Healeth” (Exodus 15:26)
- Jehovah Shalom– “I Am Thy Peace” (Judges 6:24)
- Jehovah Tsidkenu– “The LORD our Righteousness” (Jeremiah23:6)
- Jehovah Jireh– “The LORD THY Provider” (Genesis 22:14)
- Jehovah Roi– “The Lord Thy Shepherd” (Psalm 23)
- Jehovah Shammah– “The LORD is There” (Ezekiel 48:35)
- Jehovah Mekeddeshem– “The LORD who Sanctifies” (Exodus 31:13)
- Jehovah Sabaoth– “The LORD of Hosts” (Amos 4:13)
- Jehovah Ezer– “The LORD our Help” (Psalm 30:20)
- El Shaddai– “God Almighty” (Genesis 49:24-25)
- El Roi– “God Who Sees” (Genesis 16:7)
- Adonai– “My Lord, My Master” (Genesis 14:22)
- El Elyon– “Most High God(Sovereign over all)” (Daniel 4:34)